We already share health records but often do this via less secure and less efficient routes such as telephone and fax.
Better sharing of information between family doctors, hospitals, ambulance crews, community and mental health teams as well as social care staff can deliver significant benefits, including:
- You don’t have to keep repeating your medical or social care history
- Care professionals have access to the right information when they need it
- We can reduce duplicate appointments and tests
- You will receive the right treatment and care more quickly
- We can reduce the need for unplanned hospital admissions and, if you are admitted, reduce unnecessary time spent in a hospital bed
Information from across the NHS would be available 24 hours a day, thus reducing the time spent checking details from multiple sources or delaying the most appropriate treatment if, for example, a GP practice is not open at the time.
Here are some examples of how JUYI can make a difference and help deliver better care.
The right information in the right place at the right time
More appropriate treatment
Spending time on your care, not chasing basic details